304 stainless steel is a stainless steel alloy with excellent formability, drawing, and machining characteristics. It's a popular material choice for a wide variety of wire mesh products, metal sheeting, and other fabrications. With exceptional corrosion resistance, high strength, and low weight 304 SS wire meshes and sheets are suitable for broad-ranging applications and use cases. With over half a century in the steel industry, Marlin Steel is committed to providing excellent 304 stainless steel mesh and sheet products for our clients.
Common Industrial Applications of 304 SS Wire Mesh and Sheet
304 SS wire meshes and sheets are a reliable, versatile material that can handle a wide variety of tasks and applications throughout consumer, commercial, and industrial markets. Some popular applications of our wire mesh and sheet products are:
- Filtration applications, including liquid filtration, particle sieving, petroleum refining, and chemical processing
- Production of security screens, baskets, and decorations.
Some of the industries we serve include:
- Food production and processing
Benefits of 304 Stainless Steel
Stainless steel alloys are versatile materials that resist corrosion from exposure to chemicals and moisture. Every stainless steel alloy has a unique mix of favorable characteristics and strengths. The key properties of 304 stainless steel include the following:
- Durability: 304 stainless steel is a strong, durable metal that can resist mechanical and chemical damage.
- Chemical Resistance: This alloy resists corrosion and oxidation, making it a good choice for filters and other products that will come into contact with water and chemicals. It has a relatively low carbon content, further reducing its vulnerability to corrosion. It can even withstand saltwater and oxidizing acids.
- Workability: 304 SS is very formable, easy to fabricate and shape, and simple to clean without causing damage. It can be safely sanitized through different methods such as steam cleaning and dry vapor cleaning.
- Strength and Mechanical Resistance: 304 SS is well-regarded for impact resistance and ability to perform well and retain its physical characteristics in low-temperature environments.
- Nonferrous Properties: 304 stainless steel is not magnetic.
304 SS wire meshes and sheets are popular materials for use in the production of a wide array of goods. At Marlin Steel, we fabricate meshes and sheets used to produce the following goods:
304 Stainless Steel Wire Mesh Products
- Architectural and decorative trims
- Chemical handling equipment
- Equipment for commercial textile dyeing operations
- Food processing and handling equipment, such as sieves
- Oil refinery still tubes
- Parts for household appliances, such as filters, traps, and cages
- Steam piping parts and components
- And more
304 Stainless Steel Sheet Products
- Automobile components
- Chemical containers for commercial and industrial use
- Dyeing equipment for textiles and more
- Food processing equipment
- Heat exchanger parts
- Hollowware such as saucepans and sinks
- Machinery parts for general industrial applications
- Water filtration devices
Contact Marlin Steel for Premium Wire and Steel Products
Marlin Steel is a leading provider of high-quality stainless steel and wire products of all types, such as wire meshes, racks, sheets, and standard and custom wire baskets. For over 50 years, we have provided Fortune 500 companies and international brands with custom-engineered products. Today we fabricate custom products from 304 SS, 316 SS, 330 SS, 1008 Grade Steel, 1010 Plain Steel, and Inconel. Our company is ISO 9001:2015 certified as part of our commitment to product quality assurance and excellent customer service throughout every stage of production.
We also offer a wide range of finishing processes and treatments, wire forming, sheet metal fabrication, machining, and welding services as a one-stop-shop for custom metal and wire goods. Contact us today to learn more about our capabilities.